From 15 to 18 November 2022, WANO Moscow Centre conducted a Member Support Mission (MSM) at Tianwan NPP (China) in videoconference format, on the topic ‘Label maintaining’.
The following experts took part in the WANO mission:
• Musin Galim (WANO MC, Russia)
• Chichikin Dmitry (WANO MC, Russia)
• Shalnev Andrey (Smolensk NPP, Russia)
• Nechaev Sergey (Kola NPP, Russia)
• Soloviev Evgeny (Kalinin NPP, Russia)
MSM purpose – exchange of information and practical experience in equipment labeling area.
The issues of interest for Tianwan NPP are listed below:
• Measures for label loss prevention during thermal insulation dismantling and equipment maintenance.
• Prevention of label drop caused by equipment vibration and environment vibration during equipment operation. Dropped label reinstallation.
• Solving management problems for labels lost during thermal insulation dismantling and equipment maintenance, achievement of label waste reduction, wear rate reduction, label installation and man-hours saving.
During the final briefing with Tianwan NPP personnel, the experts presented the draft MSM report.