During 24 September to 02 October 2020, WANO Moscow Center conducted a Member Support Mission (MSM) at Leningrad NPP-2 (Russia) on the topic ‘Radiation protection’.
The following experts took part on the WANO mission:
• Goncharov Ivan (WANO MC, Ukraine);
• Sokolov Pavel (Kalinin NPP, Russia);
• Kuchin Aleksander (Kola NPP, Russia);
• Zamkov Vladislav (Smolensk NPP, Russia);
• Menshikh Pavel (Novovoronezh NPP, Russia).
Review the current status at the plant and develop recommendations for performance improvement in radiation protection area.
During the mission, the participants discussed the following issues:
• radioactive waste management;
• knowledge and skills of radiation protection personnel;
• implementation of ALARA principles, including zoning;
• radiation protection fundamentals;
• contamination control fundamentals;
• dose management (including whole body monitoring, contractor dose management);
• work management and radiation protection practices;
• plant configuration management related to radiation safety;
• control of radioactive sources.
During the final meeting with Leningrad NPP-2 management, the experts presented their recommendations for radiation protection improvement and the draft MSM report.